Go to j.mp/tips4tadpoles for our Tips for Tadpoles!
Ingress is a fairly easy game to get on to, but has several different strategies to master. Your style of play will determine the kind of strategy you will hone and master in your Ingress play.
The Training tab in the OPS menu provides a safe and convenient way to learn the core interactions in the game, such as neutralizing and capturing portals, and making links and fields.
A few things to keep in mind
- The distance of the resonator from the portal is the distance of the player to the portal when it was deployed.
- Hacking enemy portal yield less items, but gain you 100AP.
- Hacking friendly portals is 50XM x (Portal Level). Hacking enemy portals uses three times more XM and risk that the portal will retaliate and zap you draining more XM.
- Creating links uses up the key, but they key will sometimes fall back if the link is destroyed.
- Create triangles to create fields! Creating fields yield more AP than any other action and uses the least resources.
- Portals typically provide items that are +- 1 from the portal level, assuming it does not exceed your agent level.
... more soon!
You may encounter these shorthand terms in the comms, it is best to learn them and use them to send quick and precise information.
- A = Agent Level (A1, A2, A3, etc)
- X = XMP Burster (X1, X2, X3, etc)
- R = Resonator (R1, R2, R3, etc)
- P = Portal Level (P1, P2, P3, etc)
- L = Level (L1, L2, L3, etc)
- Q = Power Cube (Q1, Q2, Q3, etc)
- U = Ultrastrike (U1, U2, U3, etc)
- S = Shield (S1, S2, S3)
- MH = Multi Hack (MH1, MH2, MH3)
- HS = Heat Sink (HS1, HS2, HS3)
- TU = Turret
- FA = Force Amp
- LA = Link Amp
- CAP = Capsule
- JARVIS = Jarvis Virus
- ADA = ADA Refactor
Portal mods S, MH, and HS come in three rarities: Common (1), Rare (2), and Very Rare (3)
The JARVIS and ADA items are often called FLIP CARDS, or "viruses". The flip the portal's faction alignment from one to the other. JARVIS is for blue to green. ADA is for green to blue. They can only be use once per hour on a portal.
Other helpful links to visit are: